Xtreme Gaming Network

Logi wheel problems

Author Topic: Logi wheel problems  (Read 20592 times)

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
Re: Logi wheel problems
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 03:28:07 PM »
Well then... It's been a week since I sent it off and today I got an email saying they have refunded my money. Is that standard practise or what? I'm am pissed off because I never asked for a refund and expected them to just replace it.

So now I have my money back I'm thinking F Logitech, the pedals were alright but the H shifter and wheel felt pretty crappy and small for my liking anyway.

I'm after suggestions for a new setup that won't break the bank. Is there any out there around the $300 price tag that perform better and include a clutch and H shifter? I don't know much about the different brands but I would much prefer a larger wheel size and stronger/better FFB. The pedals and shifter are not as important, the g27 ones were fine. So next step up from G27 would be?

Thanks
Jacob

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
Expensive?  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 03:42:30 PM »
Not sure if it's going to perform better...but fanatec is the logical alternative.
Edit: the FFB will be stronger and smoother due to the belt-driven mechanism.  No idea about the wheel size; the fanatec wheel I think is the regular porsche racing wheel diameter. 
By the by; it's pretty good customer support to refund on a faulty item, and that quickly.  Try fanatec support for a (negative) change.

Fanatec gear isn't bad, their support is.  But getting everything with the H-shifter will cost a bit more, especially if you are after pressure-sensitive pedals, too, then a lot more.

This would be the "basic" package, wheel & simple pedal combo for $250 (incl clutch, but this is the simplest set, really)
http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/module/configurator;bundle_id;21
This is what I got and it's pretty good. 

You can add the shifters for $80 and you're not too far off the mark
http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/shifters/csr-shifter-set-au.html

Browse the site for other goodies if you want to upgrade - sadly they don't have packs with better pedals, you have to pay the full price for those.   Hence the smallest step up is $200....

Edit: oh and be prepared to drill your desk if you don't have a cockpit, the clamps on this wheel are sorely inadequate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:47:54 PM by Bird »

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
Not sure if it's going to perform better...but fanatec is the logical alternative.
Edit: the FFB will be stronger and smoother due to the belt-driven mechanism.  No idea about the wheel size; the fanatec wheel I think is the regular porsche racing wheel diameter. 
By the by; it's pretty good customer support to refund on a faulty item, and that quickly.  Try fanatec support for a (negative) change.

Fanatec gear isn't bad, their support is.  But getting everything with the H-shifter will cost a bit more, especially if you are after pressure-sensitive pedals, too, then a lot more.

This would be the "basic" package, wheel & simple pedal combo for $250 (incl clutch, but this is the simplest set, really)
http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/module/configurator;bundle_id;21
This is what I got and it's pretty good. 

You can add the shifters for $80 and you're not too far off the mark
http://www.fanatec.com/au-en/shifters/csr-shifter-set-au.html

Browse the site for other goodies if you want to upgrade - sadly they don't have packs with better pedals, you have to pay the full price for those.   Hence the smallest step up is $200....

Edit: oh and be prepared to drill your desk if you don't have a cockpit, the clamps on this wheel are sorely inadequate.

I was just checking them out. I think I will go with Fanatec as I'm hoping to not have to deal with support ever again anyway. I found the deal on the Porsche 911 Gt2 wheel with CSR Elite Pedals (load cell baby!) and the Shifter set for $450 inc. shipping with a $200 discount sounds pretty good. That way I'm pretty much getting the pedal set for free and from what I've heard the pedals are pretty good. Would love to shave a bit extra off the price with the Gt3 version since I don't need xbox support and it's almost $100 cheaper but without the discount it works out to be like $600 for the same set with just the wheel swapped to the cheaper version.

Having a look at the wheel reviews there are a few pros for the Fanatec; belt driven is the main one but also having a 300mm wheel and it is apparently nice and weighty and has strong FFB. It is basically the same as the Gt3 rs v2 have you tried a logi wheel and if so how does it compare? Have you had any issues with it? Drilling my DIY desk was planned anyway so that's not a big deal.

The shifters look pretty average, but they don't seem any worse than the g27 one and it comes with a sequential one too which is cool I guess

Cheers
Jacob

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »
The pedals are good, I have CSR Elite pedals.
I've had to work out my left leg for the brake though :P
(the pressure sensitivity is adjustable though)
The H-shifter looks crap but feels solid and I've had no issues yet, and I flog it!
Never used the sequential, use paddles instead.
Can't comment on the wheel, I have the (discontinued :() CSR Elite wheel.

2+2=√16

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
The pedals are good, I have CSR Elite pedals.
I've had to work out my left leg for the brake though :P
(the pressure sensitivity is adjustable though)
The H-shifter looks crap but feels solid and I've had no issues yet, and I flog it!
Never used the sequential, use paddles instead.
Can't comment on the wheel, I have the (discontinued :() CSR Elite wheel.
Cheers for the info mate. The shifter looks pretty gross but looking at videos it seems to be much sturdier and solid feeling than the g27. As long as it works I'm happy

Anyone got a discount code? You know the one you put in at checkout. That'd be bloody sweet  :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 12:45:22 PM »
I've used a DFP before, and while that does not directly compete with g25/27 it's a real upgrade to go up to the fanatec from there. 

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »
I've used a DFP before, and while that does not directly compete with g25/27 it's a real upgrade to go up to the fanatec from there.
Good to hear  ;D Especially since I just splurged $450 on a full Fanatec set! I am unbelievably keen to get back to racing and drifting but in the mean time I am building a desk and trying to come up with a way to hard mount the wheel while also being able to quickly dismount it so I can use my computer with it out of the way. Got a couple of ideas but will wait until it arrives to decide on the best option

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2014, 06:46:26 PM »
ahh sounding like progress, see you soon.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
Good to hear  ;D Especially since I just splurged $450 on a full Fanatec set! I am unbelievably keen to get back to racing and drifting but in the mean time I am building a desk and trying to come up with a way to hard mount the wheel while also being able to quickly dismount it so I can use my computer with it out of the way. Got a couple of ideas but will wait until it arrives to decide on the best option

Well, I've drilled two holes, but using one, only.  The one screw + clamps is solid enough.  And it can be installed in 20 seconds.  I thought about getting a screw with an eye, but I'd just hit my leg on it all the time - so instead I used to keep a small wrench on my desk :D

After a little while the screw gets very easy to install, so even the wrench can go.

Offline Jacob

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 12:21:20 PM »
Well, I've drilled two holes, but using one, only.  The one screw + clamps is solid enough.  And it can be installed in 20 seconds.  I thought about getting a screw with an eye, but I'd just hit my leg on it all the time - so instead I used to keep a small wrench on my desk :D

After a little while the screw gets very easy to install, so even the wrench can go.

Solid idea, sounds nice and simple. At the moment I'm thinking of doing it pretty similar. Have it solidly mounted to a bracket/base (read: piece of wood) with two aligned holes on the desk for some finger screws or even just some pins and then just remove the whole thing. I was considering some rail sliders countersunk in the desk and have it just slide smoothly away, but corner desk + triple monitor = in the way + more hassle to build  :P

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
Anyone have experience with the G25 not calibrating at all? All buttons etc work, the wheel does not spin to calibrate.

I suspect it's this issue:

http://jumpingspider.co.uk/logitech-g25-repair-method

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
I just had an odd issue with my g25, its been problem free for years. I did a windows reinstall and everything seemed fine except wheel wasnt being properly recognized. I then reinstalled the logitech driver and all was good except the wheels calibration was out a d pointing about 5 degrees right.

I took the wheel apart to see if it was an issue with the optical disk and it was fine. So this m3ans it was purely a software calibration problem. No matter what I couldnt fix it tried different versions of the driver different usb ports no difference.

Then came across a solution elsewhere, simply uninstall the logitech driver then go to windows own game controller setup. This will be quite different to what its like when a logitech driver is present. Here you have an option to do a full calibration which I did, then after this is done reinstall the logitech driver and it will be properly calibrated.

Now my wheel is pointing as it should be and its well worth trying this if the calibration is out of whack but not shifting around which wouod indicate more then a software issue. If the optical disc is broken then thats another problem and cant be fixed this way but if installing the drivers on a new setup and wheel isnt properly aligned, its worth trying this before ripping the wheel apart and tearing your hair out as I did after finding it wasnt a hardware issue at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal