Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread

Author Topic: Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread  (Read 69862 times)

Offline Perch

• View Profile
Re: Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2015, 01:41:32 PM »
I'm in the same boat Stan. I'm thinking I'll probably make use of the mid season car change for the sake of variety. Too many good options  :-[ 

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »
Here is a preview of the racing we may expect from a race I had the other day on the practice server was quite fun even though I was in the car that can get the quickest lap around the track I couldn't quite get the win. Video has a couple graphics card corruptions as I clocked it a little high in the recording  ;D

The merc vs the 458 is still quite a challenge and at some of the tracks with even longer straights it will be even more of a challenge.

[youtube]1slVaFpJTyA[/youtube]

Still its not like the other season where driving an Evora GTC vs a 599 there was no hope here its possible to pass just not easy especially if the guy ahead is a solid driver hitting his marks. Also here the guy in the red 458 was with a 250 ping so shows a solid higher ping is fine to race with its only any ping that climbs a little that still causes the bad warping.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
Nice one!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2015, 10:29:33 AM »
Cheers for the vid Marty  :D
The DTM's look like fun!!
Yet slightly frustrating with the Ferraris... So we'll get a gang of Alfas, Mercs and Xbows beeping their horns and flashing their lights at Bird in his F40... sounds like fun!!!  :P

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »
Any chance to change from 3x starts to the less childish 1x 8 laps sprint plus 1x 16 laps?...same total laps if you know what i am trying to suggest.
,,wally, of course everything suits me and i am not whinging..lol   ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »
Any chance to change from 3x starts to the less childish 1x 8 laps sprint plus 1x 16 laps?...same total laps if you know what i am trying to suggest.
No, this season is 3x sprints to regather the field. Plus the 3rd sprint has a short qually (only time for abut 3 or 4 hot laps) to further mix the grid a little.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »
No, this season is 3x sprints to regather the field. Plus the 3rd sprint has a short qually (only time for abut 3 or 4 hot laps) to further mix the grid a little.

fantastic thx wally...is going to be fun!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »
There's been a fix released for the walls at Pukekohe. I'll test the track by bashing into the walls sideways, backways and frontways, and if it looks good, I'll put Pukekohe back in place of Barbagallo in the final round, as I prefer the Pukekohe layout (especially the sweeping esses onto the finish straight and turn 1).

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2015, 08:20:52 PM »
I think Barbagallo is much better track, the walls werent an issue for me though many others did launch of them at pukekohe, the track surface and kerbs are pretty poor I think. To me there isnt much to that track that is really even close to ac official content standards. Barbagallo and Baskerville are 2 much better tracks plus there are quite a few much better mod tracks that could be used.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2015, 10:02:19 PM »
Barbagallo is a great track, I love em both  :D
Was great to see Rainmaker (and Richo also) make the effort to fix the problems with Pukekohe.  :)
I love Gratulin's thread which lists all the latest versions of tracks, maybe we could add a section for Australian and Kiwi tracks when we get more of them   :P

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2015, 10:34:12 PM »

Barbagallo is a great track, I love em both  :D
Was great to see Rainmaker (and Richo also) make the effort to fix the problems with Pukekohe.  :)
I love Gratulin's thread which lists all the latest versions of tracks, maybe we could add a section for Australian and Kiwi tracks when we get more of them   :P
Stan, it was your problem report that did it! The video pinpointed the problem in the nicest possible way :)

There are almost enough tracks for an ANZ track season. Surfer's is the main disappointment at the moment since it is a pretty good track (not the real life layout but the conversion job) except for the flat curbs. And obviously there is no suitable Bathurst yet.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »
Yeah, that was a great video Stan :)

Barbagallo might be a nicer looking track, but I like the Pukekohe track layout much better. Its inclusion is subject to a green tick in testing the new version.

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2015, 09:59:35 PM »
Cheers for the race guys (Whitemoo in the BMW E30 grp A)

Was all fun until my gaming PC froze and failed to boot.

Suspect its the SSD, so ill catch you guys next race if theres space!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2015, 09:13:40 AM »
Hi Ladies!

Put me down as a extra, extra reserve if you can Mr Wally? Are you guys still doing that stupid daylight saving stuff over there?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2015, 10:39:21 AM »
Hi Ladies!

Put me down as a extra, extra reserve if you can Mr Wally? Are you guys still doing that stupid daylight saving stuff over there?

Hello Mr. Forrest! I'll put you in as a reserve. Do you have the 1.1 DLC content? We're using some cars from it for the season.
Daylight savings ends April 5.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal