Xtreme Gaming Network

FYI - my losing focus issue

Author Topic: FYI - my losing focus issue  (Read 10097 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
FYI - my losing focus issue
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:37:34 PM »
I reckon it's the Citrix receiver I installed on this PC for work 2 weeks ago. I can see events in the Windows log that say some Citrix self service plugin is stopping and starting at about the times I lost my screens - so bam, that's uninstalled.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: FYI - my losing focus issue
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 10:43:51 PM »
hope it's fixed.  good work.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »
Yeah like Bird said, hope you got it Wally  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
I hope so too.. Just when I was catching up to interesting battles was not a good time to lose control for a few seconds. I'm just glad I didn't run into the back of anyone or wreck my car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »
Fingers crossed for you Wally

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:00:38 PM »
I'm pretty confident that was it. Lesson: don't install work stuff on your gaming PC!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:54:36 AM »
Good shit, I know how you feel where my screen was locking up for 2-3 seconds several times per lap. For me, thanks to a suggestion from Marty, it was either PT Tracker or OV1 (probably OV1). Since disabling both I've had no issues at all. Will enable PTTracker again later to confirm it was OV1.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:56:19 AM »
I'm pretty confident that was it. Lesson: don't install work stuff on your gaming PC!

I can't get away from that as my work PC is my gaming PC. My company give a $1000 equipment allowance, then salary package the difference for a work laptop. Of course I got the most sensible work laptop being an MSI GS60 Ghost  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
Good shit, I know how you feel where my screen was locking up for 2-3 seconds several times per lap. For me, thanks to a suggestion from Marty, it was either PT Tracker or OV1 (probably OV1). Since disabling both I've had no issues at all. Will enable PTTracker again later to confirm it was OV1.

I've had no issues with ptracker, but don't use OV1.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:11:48 PM »
Ive been using ptracker again since 1.1 and its been issue free. In older builds with large fields it was effecting my fps but ov1 has always been one that caused most issues to users on the official forum. It may be better now but it doesnt do anything I need so I just dont use it.

P tracker is great as it actually shows session times and server best laps for all drivers. Quite handy info to have which really should be built into the game itself but as Its not ptracker does this job well now and if you can get it to work without issues its very handy.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 02:02:55 PM »
Pretty sure it's OV1, but I disabled all my apps to start with and the issue went away, so wanted to wait until race 1 was over before I started tinkering again. I've since turned Helicorsa back on and all is good. I'll now also crank my graphics settings back up. Find I get really poor FPS with Vsync on, so I may monitor FPS and try and max out the settings until I get as near to constants 60fps as I can.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »

Pretty sure it's OV1, but I disabled all my apps to start with and the issue went away, so wanted to wait until race 1 was over before I started tinkering again. I've since turned Helicorsa back on and all is good. I'll now also crank my graphics settings back up. Find I get really poor FPS with Vsync on, so I may monitor FPS and try and max out the settings until I get as near to constants 60fps as I can.
I have found you don't need to max out your graphics to get really good quality. Reflections is the main FPS killer for me. I think I have it at Low/Static. I also can't tell the difference between world detail at High, Very High and maximum. I'm too busy to look around usually :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal