Xtreme Gaming Network

Stuttering?

Author Topic: Stuttering?  (Read 7775 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Stuttering?
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
Re: Stuttering?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
I get it during hotlapping bymyself.. cant see skins being the porblem tbh.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
For me I get stuttering with fps between 60 and 90 fps or under 60. When I was running a single screen I could run no caps and keep frames 120+ even with a single 4k screen.

Now running 3x 2560x1440 my max fps and very solid seems to be about 110fps which is fine but with lots of cars on track it dips to lower rates where it can stutter. My personal solutuon now is to simply frame cap at 61fps but nit use v-sync. With this I get the same fps no matter what and so it runs the same on my own or a full field.

If your frame rate can be double your refresh rate its still a little smotther but if its about 150% this is where it stutters the most for me. I avoid v-sync which does give easily the smoothest motion but also obviously creates extra input lag which hurts when needing to react to unexpected slides and on the limit driving.

Capping fps at 61 causes minir tearing but its not too bad but its always a bit of a compromise for me. Skins cam be an issue if your running low on vram but my cards have 6gb each and I have yet to see this being used up even maxed at the fairly high res I run.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:47:55 PM »
I can't say I've had stuttering. Maybe a big chunk of chug now and then when I 1st load into a race. I've got pretty old gear too.
In saying that I'm going to downsize all the skins I've made so they shouldn't be a problem.

I do have major issues when I try to something silly like 20 different car makes on the grid. I've tried it twice and both times have ended having to hard reset of my PC.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
I can't say I've had stuttering. Maybe a big chunk of chug now and then when I 1st load into a race. I've got pretty old gear too.
In saying that I'm going to downsize all the skins I've made so they shouldn't be a problem.

I do have major issues when I try to something silly like 20 different car makes on the grid. I've tried it twice and both times have ended having to hard reset of my PC.
That was with AI, right? 'Cos the AI is more of a CPU killer than a video killer.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »

That was with AI, right? 'Cos the AI is more of a CPU killer than a video killer.

yeah, i should have said AI

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 03:28:44 PM »
I d..d...d...don't have that pr...pr....problem!

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
........I started a new job last week answering the phones at the Australian Stammering & Stuttering Association.

I’m only halfway through my first call....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 04:45:17 PM »
LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal