Xtreme Gaming Network

How long have you been sim racing?

Author Topic: How long have you been sim racing?  (Read 17065 times)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
Re: How long have you been sim racing?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 07:08:59 AM »
Started with Geoff crammond and a few others as a kid, then played around with grand turismo As a teen, which doesn't count,  then all of the simbin titles legends GTR 1 and 2, then r factor and got very competitive in race 07 leagues even doing the World Series qualifier at race department and realising how shit I was when I qualified 40th or something lol. Had quite a few years off and saw AC and dived back in, still struggling to enjoy it tho to be honest...only been playing a month or so...so we will see if I stuck with it, certainly not addicted like I was with RF or race.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
I started with GPL , but didn't do much online racing until rfactor.  Have tried most sims/driving games, but netKar Pro with xgn got
me hooked seriously.  So have been sim racing for quite a few years now, and probably will for a few more yet, although at 65 y/o
I'm getting slower instead of faster lol.  (beats watching tv any day)  ;D  Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »
I don't argue. I deal in facts!  ;)
No, you deal in pink horseys and kitties & stuff.

That above statement is a certified fact.

I tried most sims from papyrus, ISI, simbin and Kunos. Had quite a bit of a break from it with the odd casual run but not much online stuff since rf1 til AC. AC is the first sim that really feels more natural to me and has got me fairly well hooked.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
I first tried racing sims back in the Crammond F1 days but only offline.  Memory is a bit vague but it must have been about 7 years ago I got introduced to Rfactor via XGN.  In addition I did NetkarPro which Wally ran and now still doing Rf1 and of course AC.  You could probably count on one hand the amount weekly races I have missed in that time.

Offline faz

• mango
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 11:07:58 PM »
I used to play F1 Challenge 99-02 (with the plethora of mods – GT, SCR, etc) online
faz

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:22 AM »
I started my gaming crap hobby bull with "superbike world championship" followed by superbike 2000 and the famous superbike 2001,(i found out later that the credits were all italian names!! i could not believe it!! haahahaa)
Then all the EA F1 GAMES and the crammonds series,but i remember was a lonely experience internet gaming was still on dial up and not many ppl around,but everything changed with the advent of RFACTOR,GT LEGENDS,,,,SIMBIN  ,AHAHAHAHAAA.   GREAT TIME!!!!
Iracing  then it is and has been a huge game for me in the past 7 years(cant believe it,,,where did these years go????)  Also AC (i have a love and hate relationship with it lol) and i have to say that without XGN and Wally i would not be able to enjoy it the way i am now,,,SOOOOOOOOO thx wally thx XGN to keep my racing hobby running   lol :-* :-* :-*

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »
Good on ya, Simone!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »
Good on ya, Simone!
The biggest wrecker in GTL! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal