Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat  (Read 37440 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »
The GTC is about 2.5 seconds a lap faster in the wet conditions, and it's tyres grain about half as much.  Now to find a way to sneak into a GTC without Wally seeing me.

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
I did a couple of races on the "get your minorating" server that is overseas. Got hit by  warping car on 1st lap but still finished the 5 map race. Then got hit from behind on lap 1 in a 2nd race. Minirating now up to B :D

This is what Minolin - guy that created Minorating - said about the join warps:

" In your case the problem is that you have a ping around 300 or 350 to the MR server, so it doesn't matter if the real doing can be handled in 15 or 16ms. Didn't think of that - of course non european servers could still have problems with that. Let me think about that. Maybe we need to cache the driver data locally earlier than I thought, but this also comes with some serious server admin setup fees that I would like to dodge."

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:30 PM »
The GTC is about 2.5 seconds a lap faster in the wet conditions, and it's tyres grain about half as much.  Now to find a way to sneak into a GTC without Wally seeing me.
Or you can always pray for no rain.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2015, 09:33:02 PM »
Or you can always pray for no rain.
Tried that all week. Only got a flu-like sickness. God only understands Australian English. GB: can you try?

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »
Just had a go on the practice server. Looking forward to some ice skating tomorrow  ;D
Yeah I just had a run on the praccy server, it's extremely slippery!!  :(
And I see what GB is gettin at, with all that slipping around just eating your tyres up (sliding in the wet but registering as dry weather wear), 2 and 1/2 laps on softs took me to 86...
hmmm
At least hards seem to go further, maybe because they never heat up, getting my skates out!!  :o
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:54:48 PM by StanDaam »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2015, 11:17:03 PM »
Just had a go on the practice server. Looking forward to some ice skating tomorrow  ;D
Yeah I just had a run on the praccy server, it's extremely slippery!!  :(
And I see what GB is gettin at, with all that slipping around just eating your tyres up (sliding in the wet but registering as dry weather wear), 2 and 1/2 laps on softs took me to 86...
hmmm
At least hards seem to go further, maybe because they never heat up, getting my skates out!!  :o

Maybe I'll set the tyre wear to half the rate in the longer race - i.e. 2.1x.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:15 AM »
I've set the practice server to the Nurburgring weather to be a wet track, and very cold. I've also reduced the tyre wear rate to 2.1x.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »
Cheers Wally!  :D

Rolz

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »
Yeah last night the practice server was bordering on not fun at all...

I jumped on and saw Phill.8 do a 2.31 and thought ah must have just come out of pits...

Best I could do was a 2.29, but averaged 2.31 (in the GX)

If we have the same conditions today as we did last night it would be a battle of "Driving Miss Daisy"  :o

I will pray to the digital weather gods that the track dries up... or AC supplies wet weather tires  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
Yeah, it was like that racing in the rain in netKar. You had white knuckles the whole race, and you did not blink. It was awesome :)

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
I think it will be worth a run to see how it goes.  I didn't mind so much the slipperiness although it was a bit slow and boring without others around me, but should be more fun in the pack.

My worry is everyone in the GX locking up into T1 as you only have to breath on the brakes and they lock with such low grip.  So I'd encourage everyone to do a few practice starts.  :)

Rolz

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2015, 10:13:34 AM »
My worry is everyone in the GX locking up into T1 as you only have to breath on the brakes and they lock with such low grip.  So I'd encourage everyone to do a few practice starts.  :)

yeah mentally add an extra 25-30% distance to your normal poor grip break zone... it's wild out there!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »
I will pray to the digital weather gods that the track dries up... or AC supplies wet weather tires  :P

I'm with you there. Also was bordering on not being enjoyable for me, but as Guy said hopefully more fun with others around.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
It becomes an exercise in concentration. But last time I checked the forecast, it looked like it was expected to clear a bit.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2015, 12:45:15 PM »
Conditions in the server right now are fine, Wally. It is slow, yes, and front tyres really stay cold. But it is drivable and tyres still have some grip towards the end of the 8 laps we need... Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal