Xtreme Gaming Network

The Ringmaster - Master of the Nordschleife (Dec 1 to 22)

Author Topic: The Ringmaster - Master of the Nordschleife (Dec 1 to 22)  (Read 12982 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
The Ringmaster - Master of the Nordschleife (Dec 1 to 22)
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
Four weeks from December 1 to December 22, in four different cars:

BMW M4
The M4's engine brace, trunk lid and the roof are all made of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) to shed pounds. But the real masterpiece for both is the CFRP driveshaft—a one-piece unit that offers exceptional strength while reducing rotating mass, resulting in a tighter drive with less counteractive momentum. This cornering king's real crown is its rear-axle subframe with solid mounts, bolted directly to the body without the use of bushings to make for the tightest possible handling, and its control arms—made of aluminum—shed weight, even where you can't see it.

This car's high-pressure, quick-response turbocharging system utilizes two TwinPower turbos to provide a broad plateu, while BMW's double-VANOS technology varies camshaft timing, allowing higher pressure to build inside the cylinder for optimal power output throughout the rev range. The Active M Differential uses Dynamic Stability Control data, pedal position, wheel rotation, and yaw rate to act on each wheel before any of them breaks free. An electric motor varies power distribution between wheels, shifting it in tight turns, and even decreasing understeer during full-load cornering.

The M4's Power isn't all under the hood. Its exterior features an integrated rear spoiler made of lightweight Carbon Fiber, and a CFRP diffuser, both of which keep the weight off while creating rear down-force. An optional 7-speed dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters provides instantaneous track-inspired shifts, but for the purists who want an analog connection to the road, a 6-speed manual transmission comes standard.

Lotus Exige V6 Cup
The new road-going Lotus Exige V6 Cup builds upon the success of the previous Series 2 Exige Cup 240/255 and 260. Based upon the road-going Exige S, the lightweight V6 Cup is powered by a 3.5 litre supercharged V6 engine, driving through a 6-speed close ratio gearbox providing an exhilarating thrill for racers and track enthusiasts.

Multi-adjustable race suspension, front and rear anti-roll bars in conjunction with 4 way adjustable DPM (Dynamic Performance Management) provide the Exige V6 Cup with track focused adjustable handling to enable every driver to get the most out of the car.

Formula Abarth
CSAI, with Abarth, Tatuus and Fiat Powertrain Technologies, has developed an innovative new single-seater with the aim of providing up and coming young drivers with the best possible ratio of Safety/Performance/Quality/Price.
Safety is the prime factor, in line with FIA Formula 3 Regulations.
A level of performance which will enable the best drivers to shine.
A high build quality.
A successful marriage of innovative design and optimised aerodynamics.
Optimization of operating costs.

SCG 003C
Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus has developed SCG003C aiming to compete in the SP-X Class at the 2015 24-Hours at the Nürburgring.

The SCG003C Engineering Team has developed a chassis design by adopting modern technologies while keeping a glance to the past: the car's base structure holds a carbon skeleton where ribs are sustaining the body panels that are a well-known design by Italian Carrozzieri. This design allows the engineering of very light body panels and creates at the same time a main reference structure during the car assembly and maintenance.

Front and rear suspensions are double wishbone with pushrod and adjustable anti roll-bar. The suspension layout has been developed based on the experience gained with the P4/5Competizione on the Nordschleife.

All the targets were achieved by Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus' SCG003C during the Qualifying
Race that took place at the Nürburgring on 12th April, 2015.

Both registered cars were qualified for the 24 Hours "Top 30", while all SCG drivers were qualified to the race that will take place on 16th and 17th May, 2015.
Noise issues were finally solved while the overall car reliability was proved, despite an electrical fault that prevent "Macchinadue" to compete in the race.
At the start of the race, Manuel Lauck brought Macchinauno to 2nd place and was able to keep this position until the car was black flagged as too loud. The noise issue was definitively solved at the pit box, by the fitting of new mufflers.
Macchinauno then advanced from 61th to 13th position and won the SP-X Class.

Lap time during the race was always at the level of top cars, confirming the car's performance and endurance potential.

Round Format
Each round will feature two 3 lap races. The first race is preceded by a 1 hour combined practice/qualifying session. The second race is a random grid.

Schedule
Race 1 starts at 8:50pm Eastern DST.

Round 1: Dec 1, BMW M4
Round 2: Dec 8, Lotus Exige V6 Cup
Round 3: Dec 15, Formula Abarth
Round 4: Dec 22, SCG 003C

No sign up required! Just turn up and enter with the usual password (random skins).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:28:23 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: The Ringmaster - Master of the Nordschleife (Dec 1 to 22)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
I will miss this very much. I won't be able to drive at all for almost two months. So please post great reports and especially videos!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 12:37:22 AM »
Shame the m4 ingame is the paddle shift variety as in manual I would prefer it much more.

Wally you may want to try the exige 240r s3 or even elise s2 and the exige cup car. Main reason is the cup car is quite a bit trickier to drive, I like them all but at Nords the elise s2 or 240r s3 will likely produce less deaths and more finishers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:31 AM »
Shame the m4 ingame is the paddle shift variety as in manual I would prefer it much more.

Wally you may want to try the exige 240r s3 or even elise s2 and the exige cup car. Main reason is the cup car is quite a bit trickier to drive, I like them all but at Nords the elise s2 or 240r s3 will likely produce less deaths and more finishers.
Nah, the V6 cup was a blast to drive. What's the point of driving around the Ring if you don't feel like you're going to die, at least once per lap?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
haha Wally, "...you don't feel like you're going to die..." love it!
Once again a fantastic idea, hope to running in this one.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »

Nah, the V6 cup was a blast to drive. What's the point of driving around the Ring if you don't feel like you're going to die, at least once per lap?

I think I'm doing Sim Racing wrong.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »

Then you have gone a little bit too tame.  ;) The ruf modern or yellowbird, any hypercar. Any car that can get top speeds well over 300kmh and get huge air over the crests is kind of missing in the season.

I thought you were trying the safer options at the green hell. Nothing proper sketchy.  :D

I think I'm doing Sim Racing wrong.

No everyone races in the nude along with your other regular customs that many wouldnt consider so regular.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 06:07:20 PM »
It was just 4 weeks in 4 different styles of cars. With a squillion cars to choose from, there was always going to be something ”missing” according to individual tastes.

Rolz

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »
Just means we'll have another nordsfest when everyone is back with another set of cars  ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 07:09:30 PM »
I...........will master the focking  Norddhielffgee        :P

Rolz

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »
I...........will master the focking  Norddhielffgee        :P

Good stuff Simone!!

Ctrl-i helps heaps! break points are way too early, but it's a good assist to learn  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:49 PM »
I'm in by the way!

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 05:44:49 PM »
So will the practice server be up soon for Round 2: Dec 8, Lotus Exige V6 Cup?  ;D

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »
Someone's keen.
Can anyone guess who it is? :-X

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 05:54:31 PM »
Someone's keen.
Can anyone guess who it is? :-X

I need to learn the track without using the side railings as newbie bowling bumper stops...  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal