Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R7: Barcelona Moto post-race chat

Author Topic: S9R7: Barcelona Moto post-race chat  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S9R7: Barcelona Moto post-race chat
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »
Season results...

drum roll...

1. Bacchulum, 359 - 2 wins
2. StanDaam, 359 - 1 win
3. Skaife, 358

Could not be closer! Congratulations to Bacchulum on the championship!

Full results to come.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:19:39 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S9R7: Barcelona Moto post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Round Points
Skaife    73
Freezer    72
Guybrush Threepwood    69
StanDaam    63.5
Bacchulum    62
Wally    60
Jeremy    59
EdWood    56.5
Mael    54
Matthew111    50.5
Simone    49
Bafs17    44.5
Grubbet    37
Gratulin    11

Congratulations to me and Freezer on the race wins, and Skaife on the round win.

Team Championship
1. Struggle Street Racing Crew (Jeremy and Matthew), 720
2. Caterpillar Racing (Freezer and Skaife), 717.5
3. Pow R. Toc H. Racing (Me and Phil.8), tied with Achilles Heels (Marty and Guybrush), 615
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:09 PM »
And some season stats (in full HERE)

Most wins - Freezer, 3
Most podiums - Skaife, 6
Best average finish - Freezer, 6.8
Most poles - EdWood, Skaife, Will, 2
Most fastest laps - Guybrush, Skaife, 2
Most consistent - Bacchulum, 3
Hunter - Stan, 3
Hunted - Bacchulum, Freezer, 3
Busiest - Bafs17, Freezer, 3
Loneliest - Gratulin, Jeremy, 3
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:17:35 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:40:17 PM »
In race 1, I was underweight (even though I was in the middle of the times at Monza. I just suck at Monza), so I had good pace. I got a great start off the line from second on the grid, drifted it through T1 (luckily the guys behind me were awake), and then lead the whole race with Skaife pressuring me all the way. I had a few wobbles here and there, but held it together. I had looped it plenty of times during prac and qually, so I was more careful not to do something stupid during the race. I held it together for my only win of the season.

In race 2, with more ballast I was further back in the pack. On lap 2, coming through that really fast, blind right hander over the hill, I slipped a bit on the right kerb, which sent my car sliding towards the wall on the right. I managed to keep it off the wall, avoiding any wing damage, but I left half of my rubber on the tarmac in the process. I was flatspotted, or grained or both, and I kept locking up my wheels every time I braked, which was costing me 2 or 3 seconds per lap. I had to readjust my pit strategy, and pitted as soon as I could and still make it home on one tank, to get new tyres.

When I came out, I had much better pace, and managed to claw back a few spots to 8th. I was chasing Ed for a while, and only got passed after he'd had a spin on lap 17.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 07:52:27 AM »
Race 1 qualified 6th and grabbed a spot off the line but into turn turn 4 someone spun in front and was caught up but no real damage.  Got going and was able to grab a few spots back and get home 5th.
Race 2 qualified 4th and after the jump I found myself 2nd behind Edwood.  Chased him for many laps but wasn't able to make an impression.  But then he slipped off and I found myself in the lead.  The two guys behind pitted on lap 11 and I hung out for two more quick laps pitting with the help of Wallys PitsStop app was able to come out about 2 odd second in front of GB.  From there it was all concentration and watching the gap as GB inched every closer.  Thankfully was able to keep it together for the win.

Season:  I think the ballast worked well to bring more people into the mix rather than the usual suspects winning every week.  I used a bit of strategy by not qualifying to hard knowing low fuel qual times would always be quicker then best race time.  This generally saw me with low to modest weight and enabled decent pace for the races.
A good season Team result for Cat Racing thanks to Skaifey and a surprising "Most wins" & "Best Average Finish" for me.

Many thanks as always to Wally for his efforts!
Well done to all....

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »
Great fun as usual here at  xgn!!  Race 1,,,, got involved in an crash i tried to avoid the car in front but i could not and damage the front wing,,,,,,,,, i know i should pit and fix the damage but in these short races there is little pont in doing so.......,retired, :-\
Race 2 went  a bit better especially when i saw wally in my mirrors spinning around ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Stan try to catch me and surely he would have but he ran out of laps, also i think my tyres were off a bit towards the end,but another 5th spot is great.
I am really looking forward for the next  GT3 championship,especially for the lack of ballast :-* :-* :-* and the introdoction of the 60 min races,it would be good,very good actually,finally!!

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »
Wow that sure is a tight finish!!
Thought Jeremy was going to win for sure  ;D
Well done to Bacchulum, essentially it came down to that win at Monza when we both went into the Parabolica side by side then you beat me out of the corner and took the win. You won the season by a parabolica!!  :D

Had some good races last night. Got a 6th in race 1, had a great battle with Bacchulum.
Race 2 was pretty good too. Got burned by not testing that pit app (my mouse work is terrible, gotta play wid that app!!). As Simone said, I nearly got back to him after I had a nasty spin early after my pit stop.

Season comments, I don't mind the way the ballast is worked out (but it will be nice to go ballast free next season!!). The only thing I would ask for, is that we cap the top ballast to something like 100 or even 50kg. I thought the fast guys were penalised too heavily. With a cap imposed it would have the effect of compressing roughly the top third of the field, as opposed to the whole field (an imposed cap equals lower mean lap times, less people getting below mean lap time, less people getting ballast).

Cheers to Wally for running a tough season, bring on the GT3's!!  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »
Sorry I missed

My PC died yesterday,  have had to do a full reinstall,, couldn't do a restore because restore didn't exist anymore, along with scan disc and heaps of other windows things :( windows became corrupted or something
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 03:32:01 PM »
Sorry I missed

My PC died yesterday,  have had to do a full reinstall,, couldn't do a restore because restore didn't exist anymore, along with scan disc and heaps of other windows things :( windows became corrupted or something

What a pain. Good luck getting it all back together.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 04:55:36 PM »
Nearly there   :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 05:35:26 PM »
You won the season by a parabolica!!  :D
Good call, didn't know it at the time, though. ;)

Parabolica and an awesome pit crew.
I was 8th before the stops last night and somehow ended up a clear 4th, I'd given up before that happened! :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »
Congrats to Bacchulum on winning a very close and hard fought season!

race 1: didnt qual that well so i got caught up in the mid pack bash and front wing damage so the car was average, came 8th i think

race 2: was happy with my qual and got off to a good start grabbing p2 behind ed, after a few laps freezer got a good run on me out of the final turn and slipstreamed past me so i was 3rd but i felt i had good pace to still try and get my spot back. Was a good pressure race for 10 laps with gb and stan on my tail too while i was trying to grab freezer, i decided to go crazy hard into pits as i figured that be the only way i could jump freezer as it was hard to pass especially with dirty air but turns out i pushed to hard and locked up into the wall so that was my race done lol.

Not a bad season all up was a good challenge i enjoyed it, but looking forward to going back to hard racing with no balast lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »
Race 1 was going really well, sitting in third holding off Jeremy when about two laps to go he tried to throw one up the inside and just managed to hit the back of my car which sent me into the sand trap where I got bogged and had to go back to pits.

A bit of a shame as I may have been able to give the season title a good shake (surprisingly!).

Race 2 was great with no false moves.   Hung onto the leading pack of Ed, Freezer and Matt with Stan putting on some serious heat behind and getting so close to overtaking me a couple of times.  Followed Matt into the pits who went into the wall and then noticed Stan a bit slower on the pit stop so it ended up just Freezer and I and a 2.5 second gap with a charging Skaife behind by about 4 seconds.  We were all starting to get closer to each other and it was close across the line with only 1.5 seconds covering the 3 of us.   Very tight finish and very consistent, high pressure racing.   Great work!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal