Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat

Author Topic: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat  (Read 63757 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 2: Gentrack Race Chat
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 11:49:35 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Congratulations to Insomniac for the clean sweep with all race wins.

Round Points
Insomniac   75
GWyar   62
EdWood   58
Marty   58
Guybrush Threepwood   55
Freezer   50
Flattop   49
Dave O   48
Krahl   47
Ysu   47
cramjet   36
Peter Reid   36
Crimespree   35
Grubbet   29
Imperious   28
RPM   24
Bacchulum   23
Wally   22
Rob   20
Phil   17
azitiz   12
Dick Forrest   9

Season Podium
1. Insomniac, 75
2. Marty, 72
3. Freezer, 63
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 11:53:26 PM »
I couldn't get teamspeak to open.. so sorry to anyone who tried to talk to me any sorry to all the people i hit lol.

I had a lot of fun this round. I slowly improved a bit in each race.

I managed to qualify 9th in the third race :D after qualifying in the high teens for race 1 and 2. Shows what a bit of time on track will do.

I think  this season will be a lot of fun. i had lots of battle going on all around me and was never bored.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
The first two races were very enjoyable for me, in the pack lots of action, even with the race2 accident.  Great racing fun, gents!
Race3 was a bit more boring, even tho the best finishing position of the night for me.

Marty: what's preventing you starting from the end of the grid every time?  All you need is taking a break during quali... ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
That was a tough round for me. In race 1, I was the accidental recipient early on of a two car shunt on the main straight - a car got knocked into me and sent me spinning off track, where I was only able to rejoin near the back.

Race 2 was better, until on the last lap or so I got a tankslapper in the fast lefts. I almost hung onto it with full opposite lock, but touched the kerb and the car whipped back the other way and I hit Cramjet and EdWood.

Race 3 I had another incident, braking at the end of the straight. I was racing Freezer into the corner, with me on the inside. Near the corner, I judged that Freezer had the speed on me, and backed off, with Grubbet already in the corner, so that I wouldn't go spearing wide into Freezer's path, but then found myself in a DaveO/Peter Reid sandwich, as they misjudged my early braking, and I ricocheted off between the two of them. Maybe those two guys could have had a little more anticipation of what was happening in the corner ahead of them, but it was just a racing incident, really.

So with a 19th, 17th and 17th, it wasn't the best night for me results-wise, but there was plenty of action!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
but then found myself in a DaveO/Peter Reid sandwich, as they misjudged my early braking, and I ricocheted off between the two of them.

I saw that happening Wally! DaveO Was aiming for you. He didn't even lift!  ;D

I got taken out every race but got my revenge by taking out others in the process. So it kinda evens out. :D
I did make my own mistakes too. Especially in race 1, after getting the adrenaline going with a 1 lap joust with Vipergod I got in front but then wrecked in the bus-stop. I then proceeded to wreck it a few more times and had to quit to pits as I was about to get lapped on lap 4!

Race 2 & 3 a lot more exciting races. I really have to settle my nerves and relax my shoulders. I wreck so easy due to excitment & pressure. Like race 3. I was miles ahead of Gratulin. I just felt OMG I'm going to crash on the last lap. And I did. On the last corner and by the time I got my car back in the right direction Gratulin cruses past me. I should have rammed him!  ;D

Grats to Dave. I'm glad he was in a car he hates.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
Whoo hoo, that was a fantastic night's racing...
Had my setup tweeked and knew I could pull a 1:41 but only managed a 1:46 in traffic for race one... but as marty said, so much fun going through the field... I pickup 17, yep your reading it correctly, "Flattop" & "17 overtakes", what a hoot, I will need to watch all the replays as I just put my head down, apologised where I needed to and just got stuck in. Gained 2 1:40s, I realise this car would have been faster in other hands, but it gave me a chance to race well.

Race 2 I was able to get a good qual in but got nervy entering into the first turns, I think some where I rubbed, will have to look, but came home 8th :)
Race 3 qual, listening to some of the talk on setups, I ran default, fuel as well for this and pulled a 1:40!. I was in the same time slot with some eminent racers *grin*

A couple of opps moment in lap3 that brought what would have been very consistent laps times apart, dropped 6 places, but great racing, thanks to all!
Looking forward to next week, not sure what car I will have, but the mix make is so interesting... multi-make and multi-model racing, the same as what most of us would experience in real life if we had the chance...

And 12th.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:15:22 AM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2014, 10:51:42 AM »
Well after a reasonable amount of time trying to tweak the setup I jumped back to default at the last moment and was quicker . . !
Qualified mid pack for each race but seemed to be able to avoid most of the carnage and have some good battles to creep forward in all races.
Although race 2 coming out of T2 I pulled out from behind a wide BMW to find a lotus sideways in front of me and I collected it.  I then found myself to fast on the grass to pull it up before T3 and reentered collecting Crimespree (sorry).
The BMW were to quick on the straights but were great fun to hunt down through the bends.  A good nights racing.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »
Was a great nights racing, interesting in M3 passing down the straight and being passed on the corners  :) kept busy.
Sorry about the hit Wally, didn't see you had a slow car in front of you, and really didn't expect the pace into T1 to be so slow.
I ended up off the track and lost sight of you so I wasn't sure whether you were in front of me or behind me when I re-entered
which made re addressing a bit of a dilema  :-\  I pride myself on trying to race clean, so incidents like this certainly don't please me  :-[
Once again apologies m8    Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Thndr

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
My most profound apologies gents, I had to work back and the races were all over by the time I got home, see you all on track next time. :-[

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »
Was a great nights racing, interesting in M3 passing down the straight and being passed on the corners  :) kept busy.
Sorry about the hit Wally, didn't see you had a slow car in front of you, and really didn't expect the pace into T1 to be so slow.
I ended up off the track and lost sight of you so I wasn't sure whether you were in front of me or behind me when I re-entered
which made re addressing a bit of a dilema  :-\  I pride myself on trying to race clean, so incidents like this certainly don't please me  :-[
Once again apologies m8    Cheers Dave O.

No worries Dave, it wasn't a clear call. That's why I said it's pretty much just a racing incident, when viewing the replay.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »
My most profound apologies gents, I had to work back and the races were all over by the time I got home, see you all on track next time. :-[
Next week is another 30 pit bay track, so all can race. See you at Castle Hill!

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
Thanks Wally, I felt like an alien cheat in that car, even though it's far from a favourite.

Qual: Tried to get a good start and get a good lap in with all the traffic.. and in all my excitement ran into Guybrush, sorry mate. That was about as eventful as it got for the first and the rest of the qualifiers.

Races: Just tried to get a good start, I knew there were cars behind me that could easily catch up on a bad start, was wary of the grip levels and brought it home in each race even with a few 'moments' where I lost a second or two of my lead. Badluck to Krahl for running oiut of fuel in the race. By race he had the BMW under control and was chasing me down, really felt some pressure then but it all ended well.

Bring on the elise sc lol

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »
Ran a couple more laps with RPM me trying some other cars, the 1M doesnt seem to have much advantage over the Elise SC. Not enough straights for the motor to help and its a little slower in the corners and under braking. Possibly could go quicker in it but I think my PB in the SC is a bit quicker around 1:09.5 v 1:09.6 in the 1M. Maybe the m3 would be more of a boost over an elise.

I did try following the elise in the z4 and its not too bad, Im sure guy will find another second in it and be around the same pace as the sharp end of the field. This track does favour the nimble elise much more as its pretty much all corners and the front straight is fairly short.  Z4 seems easier to drive maybe the lack of grunt and me not pushing it, also paddles vs shifter is quite a bit easier but the gear shifts are quite slow in it.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »
And I've skined a z4 just for Guybrush.

Or maybe it can be for anyone who is 'too fast'

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania