Xtreme Gaming Network

Practice server - free Amazon period is running out

Author Topic: Practice server - free Amazon period is running out  (Read 28533 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Practice server - free Amazon period is running out
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2015, 06:31:37 PM »
Why doesn't XGN just have one decent server.

Run two instances on it during non-race nights for Tues and Thurs practice (I've never seen more than a half-dozen people practicing at once), then on Tuesday night make it the Tuesday night race server, then Thursday night make it the Thursday night race server.

Why have all these different servers with different names, administrators, etc. everywhere?

I also think the practice servers should be public to get the XGN name out there and attract more people to the league.  I still wouldn't know about XGN if it weren't for the public servers advertising XGN.com when MP first came out.  You can always give members the password to kick, or practice offline.  Of course, this might mean a restriction on the number of players allowed to join.

That's just my opinion anyway.

Ive appointed some more admins for my servers so it should be able to keep some more public but still random people wont be as good to drive with always as those that have the pass. GB you can also get the admin pass if you want and using the admin app if you jump on can help clean up the troublemakers. Youd just need to avoid getting too creative as its hard to kick others for things you may do yourself.  :D

The tuesday practice server for now I will still keep up the password just so guys can jump on without needing to deal with random newbies if they want to practice for the league nite but if the majority would rather these be open to all then that can be done too.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2015, 10:28:31 PM »

[/quote]

Youd just need to avoid getting too creative as its hard to kick others for things you may do yourself.  :D

[/quote]

I loled
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 11:14:31 PM »
[youtube]ZHqOrbsgNXc[/youtube]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal