Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat  (Read 12668 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
I forgot to say the in first race was my first ever 'real' overtake, albeit a bit of a mistake! Usually I get past people who go wide or spin out of shape, but I got past Jamie on turn one going up the inside. As I said, bit of a mistake, I didn't intend on the move, but I braked late and would have gone into the back of him, so dived down the inside but managed to brake perfectly and went through on the inside  8)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 10:38:44 AM »
By way of apology to all those I hit from behind here is a little movie somewhat related..,

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gSw4CLV14sQ?rel=0

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 11:05:35 AM »
Ha ha!! That explains everything Gratulin!!  :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »
By way of apology to all those I hit from behind here is a little movie somewhat related..,

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gSw4CLV14sQ?rel=0

So your saying you hit people from behind because you had a phone up your ass?  ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 11:12:06 AM »
race1:    Bugger

race 2:   Bugger

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 11:29:51 AM »
But I've lost my watch!!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 01:56:17 PM »
Race 1:  Nice sprint race to the end.  Good chance to do some hot-lapping so managed to get down in the 33.3's, or was that 23.3's?

Race 2: Had a ripper start from 10th, split the pack into T1, rubbed shoulders with Joe and someone else, and came out 2nd behind Wally.  Had fun chasing Wally around but couldn't make anything stick, apart from my underpants.  Was on his tail when on around lap 5 or 6 one of us warped and we went flying.  That was disappointing as it would have been a really great battle otherwise.

Anyways, went straight into the pits and put some juice in and changed tyres in preparation for a 14 lap stint (which would have been good if I went in on lap 7, not lap 6!).  On about lap 11 I came up to Jeremy who took some pace off going through the flat-out left hander, so I was gaining quick in the corner and decided to run onto the grass to avoid any bumping and maybe pull off an overtake.  Jeremy was courteous and  moved to the centre of the track to let me on, but when I took him up on the offer I think we both went for the same bit of track, we bumped and I just couldn't quite hold it into the long left hairpin so went off into the barrier.  After that my car was way too damaged to mount any sort of come-back and the tyres were gone, which was lucky as I ran out of fuel with half a lap to go!

It was a good experiment with the tyres though and my "grip handicap" theory.  Toward the end of the race my tyres were shot, and presumably whoever was behind me pitted a lot later with fresher tyres and we had a really good battle with me being on the old tyres and him being on the grippier tyres.  Made for a great battle (albeit I had damage), and I think Matthew in front was in the same boat.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 01:58:05 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
in a nice Simone, Guybrush, Matthew, Bacchulum train
;D ;D ;D
Still having nightmares of Matthew in my mirrors! :o

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
I deserve the 8 points for the save alone haha nah maybe the 8 points should go to chris or jamie who were worse off.

Race1: Took me a few laps to get into the groove with the low track grip and it gave stan and marty a few sniffs but eventually got a feel for it all and started setting a better pace to keep them at bay but had nothing for gb and his mclaren lol

race2: Was very hard to pass around here so i decided to pit as early as i could to get some clean air but that didnt work as i ust ended up behind more cars haha so as the pit stops cycled i ended up losing my spot to stan and stayed behind bachulum and just couldnt get around him and it got harder and harder for me as the tyres started to fade towards the end. All up good racing all round guys
do you even motorsports?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
in a nice Simone, Guybrush, Matthew, Bacchulum train
;D ;D ;D
Still having nightmares of Matthew in my mirrors! :o

Let it haunt you forever muhaha
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal