Xtreme Gaming Network

Oceanic AC Event

Author Topic: Oceanic AC Event  (Read 24581 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: Oceanic AC Event
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 08:28:35 AM »
The day I bought my 4mb 3DFX card and loaded GLQuake for the first time will always be one of my fav memories  ;D transparent water!!!
Ahhh that was the day gaming came alive Joe!! Remember it well, good times!!   :D
errr I mean stay on zee topic!!  :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:48:53 AM by StanDaam »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
Same here. I bought my first 3D card to play Quake 2.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 11:36:13 AM »
Ok,  things seem to be progressing quite well with a handful of leagues participating and drivers from all skill levels.  Remember, everyone is welcome. :)

It looks like the date will have to be the 9th of September.

We need to decide on a combo though.  I'm thinking something that will suit everyone and official content only.  What about the 458 S3 on Spa?  Or we could go something a bit closer like the BMW 235i at Imola?

Rolz

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 11:59:09 AM »
Ok,  things seem to be progressing quite well with a handful of leagues participating and drivers from all skill levels.  Remember, everyone is welcome. :)

We need to decide on a combo though.  I'm thinking something that will suit everyone and official content only.  What about the 458 S3 on Spa?  Or we could go something a bit closer like the BMW 235i at Imola?

How about the BMW M235i at Mugello :P
Well M235i at any track really (except Imola... that track and I were born to hate each other) has my vote  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »

I tried the lotus exige cup car last nite at Zandvoort, man this was good fun I suggest you try this car. Worst thing about it is it still only has 1 skin lol, pretty much all cars are much better now.

Do you want to use dreampack content though? not sure how many from other leagues wont have it but it could possibly be an issue with the little beamer.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 01:10:20 PM »
I was actually looking at the Lotus's and couldn't decide.  Is the exige the best?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
I was actually looking at the Lotus's and couldn't decide.  Is the exige the best?
Nah, the 98T is the best Lotus. ;) 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 02:37:40 PM »
Guybrush, I would be keen to participate but will be away. Just so you know my absence isn't due to lack of interest.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »

I tried the exige roadster and that was quite good. I didn't try any other lotii though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:23 PM »

I tried the exige roadster and that was quite good. I didn't try any other lotii though.
Colin would be disappointed in you Wally.
He always said "the plural of Lotus is Lotus". ;)

2+2=√16

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »
Any other suggestions for a combo?  Think I'll test a few different cars out today.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
If it's not too late sign me up please.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 10:38:53 PM »
I will be away for this event now got a second week scheduled away, I will give GB access to my servers and maybe also Wally, Gratulin or any of the others already familiar with running AC servers. Its quite likely I may be spending most of the next year OS with only the odd week at home so best to get some others to be able to run my servers while away. You should be able to use the servers to host the event quite easily and with the guys already familiar with the server they may be able to help GB out if he gets a bit stuck.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2015, 06:43:38 AM »
Guy, if you have the need for a mid field/back marker, count me in.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »
Rob I think the way guy has it setup there should be some fun racing for all. Really sounds like a fun event and I hope it does well enough to get more of them in the future.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal