Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 323628 times)

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »
Hello, Im Aiman Haziq from Malaysia :)  always wanted to find a good AC league and server which have good ping for me :)
Hope to have enjoyable race with you all :D

GUID: 76561198142600641

Hi Aiman. Welcome. It would be good to jump onto the server with you some time and see how the pings are.

Howdy Aiman, I have put you on the entry on the "AUS XGN.com.au THURS Cobra Cup SUZUKA Backup" server
connect and check your ping, hopefully all is okay.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 06:08:50 PM »
Hi guys, bit of a return for me here i used to race in the rfactor f1a league and v8 championship when it was run here. Been a couple of years since i last raced in a league so im keen to get back into it especially since i see you guys are doing a GT championship, so happy days :)
HI Matthew111, welcome back!
I'm sorry I don't remember you, probably because of the "f1a" league and your probably better than me :)
I'm sure when Wally is back, maybe tomorrow??? he may have more info, but in the mean time have a look at both the Assetto Corsa League night's forums and get practicing. :)

Thanks mate it was probably 7 6 years a go i raced here haha, shall do.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2014, 07:15:12 AM »
Hi guys, bit of a return for me here i used to race in the rfactor f1a league and v8 championship when it was run here. Been a couple of years since i last raced in a league so im keen to get back into it especially since i see you guys are doing a GT championship, so happy days :)
HI Matthew111, welcome back!
I'm sorry I don't remember you, probably because of the "f1a" league and your probably better than me :)
I'm sure when Wally is back, maybe tomorrow??? he may have more info, but in the mean time have a look at both the Assetto Corsa League night's forums and get practicing. :)

Thanks mate it was probably 7 6 years a go i raced here haha, shall do.

Hi Matthew. Thanks for your GUID.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Duke

• Cycling is my addiction, Motorsports is my passion
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
Best do the right thing and give you my intro... after infiltrating XGN for the upcoming ARSE vs XGN AC event.
Some of you will know me as Flinty72 which is what I used in LFS & is also my STEAM / AC Username.
So yes I'm an ARSE & have been since 2007, back when I played LFS in the AAL.

Real name is Wayne Flint, aged 42, married with 2 kids (Boy 10 & Girl 6) & live in Melbourne's glorious South Eastern burbs.
I work for the biggest Telco in AUS (don't hold it against me) as a PM in the Wireless/Mobiles space.

I started Sim racing online late in 2006 with LFS in MNR before the XGN affiliation & also in the AAL before helping create, mod & run the LFSEA events with Sapient (Oz-Bee) for the short time it lasted. I then went back in time to discover GPL but eventually I gave up sim racing in 2008 to pursue competitive road cycling.
But the simracing bug caught me again recently for a few reasons, one was I had some spare PC equipment & thought I really should make the cockpit I had always dreamed of & two I discovered Assetto Corsa & couldn't believe how good it looked & felt.
So from there I built my PVC cockpit (which is still WIP) & also helped start AACL with norbs, Pixelboy & Righty.

Looking forward to racing you guys in the ARSE vs XGN event & maybe I'll jump into one of your sessions in the future, assuming we don't kill each other tomorrow night. ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:26:52 PM by Duke »
Dukester

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »
G'day Duke and thanks for the intro. It should be fun tomorrow night.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »
Howdy Flinty (Duke), the LFS reunion continues!!  :D

Offline Jempy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
Hi everybody at the other side of earth  ;) and a special hello to Wally

Why I decided to register here ...? A kind of saying thanks to Wally for his work for AC, apps or tools I'm now using in our french league.

Jempy is an old belgian guy 63 years old ( body ) and much younger in the mind.  :)
I began simracing with an arcade game named Shift, I quickly left as I was more attracted by real simulation, being a motor race fan since my 14.

I visited then GTR2, Race07, Rfactor ... and of course now Assetto Corsa.
Learned alone how to use Gimp2, how to skin .... and how game were working.
Present at most great forums as RD, Nogrip Racing and F1Classic .... even though my native language is ... french.

I'm now co-admin, moderator and member of the Race Direction for +- 2 years at a french league with Race07 and now AC as main platform.
Treasurer of the french association ... the worst part, sometimes !  :P

Sorry in advance for not being often present here and surely never or rarely present for a race or another activity: time of day or surely high pings are surely not the best things in this case.

Thanks Wally for your work and have pleasure with AC, all drivers of this league.

Cheers,
Jempy.

Edit:
Ooops I forgot !
We will be in Australia this friday night for our  last round of our AC Open Race championship .... at Bathurst.  8)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:00:07 AM by Jempy »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »
Thanks for dropping in and saying hello Jempy. Nice to see you here :)
Have fun at Bathurst.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2014, 09:01:42 AM »
Hello Jempy, what a pleasure to read your posting, thanks.  Certainly is good to see 'our' Wally is appreciated so widely as well as here.

Have fun at Bathurst...

Question:  your assessment of the AC Bathurst track for a league race?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Jempy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
Thanks Wally and Bruce,

First assessment then: too wide but ... walls are so near sometimes  :P
36 pits in the Ui_track file ... but that's only the number for the grid ...

I already had to open a second server for our pre-qualifications as the nineteenth driver didn't appear in the log ... so quickly noticed the problem.
No problem as we'll surely be +- 28 or 30 drivers and in this case I prefer creating 2 servers ....
Better so or I don't know how many drivers will see the finish line ... or how many will be crashed and glued to the .... walls !  ;D ;D
We'll be driving the 2 GT2 cars there.

Final assessment after our friday race.

Offline SlicedPuma

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2015, 09:47:19 PM »
Hi my names Shaun im from NZ and I being looking for a new sim title and league to get into and have been watching the development of several titles RF2, Project cars and AC. I've being racing sims since Indianapolis 500 in  1989 then F1 on the amiga 500. went thru the GT series on GTP and Forza also the race on series. My first wheel being a early Fanatec and a xbox wheel 6 of them lol. I then upgraded to a fanatec turbo s wheel and CS pedals for RF and now are using a fanatec CSW with CS v2 pedals for AC and iracing. My fav are the historic car series. Look forward to some great racing with XGN members. AC Rocks!

May God give you traction.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
Welcome SlicedPuma, great to see another avid AC racer.
Plenty of good racing here with the Tuesday and Thursday events.   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2015, 10:43:09 AM »
Hi Shaun. Good to see you here. Lots of quality racing to be had.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2015, 07:27:18 AM »
Welcome to XGN mate  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »
Welcome SlicedPuma, great to see another avid AC racer.
Plenty of good racing here with the Tuesday and Thursday events.

PS: marty also has a "few" public servers up which many of us jump on ad hoc and behavior has been excellent (and marty's behavior too  ;D )
just filter for "marty" as well as "xgn"

2 fun runs on this week...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal