XGN & Assetto Corso bring you:
'Shelby Cobra Cup Racing'
Season One: " I love horsepower" Carroll Shelby.
With the ever increasing development of the multiplayer Assetto Corso
and with the best modders backing the AC simulator, it is starting to become difficult to select which cars to run in 21st Century Simulator.Get Assetto Corso
Well with that in mind, XGN would like to commence with running another series, unrelated to the Tuesday night's sublime series, that:
1. Allows the usage/patronage of the one of the modders fantastic work, 'the_meco' who has created the the Cobra Mod "SHELBY COBRA 427 S/C"
2. Is a 'Fun Series' that allows us to concentrate on social races, without hundreds of hours prac to balance out high expectations of us.
3. Provide those who cannot make it Tuesday, to remain in touch with all the sim sport here at XGN
4. Be an easy intro to sim racing for 'noobs'
5. Hopefully have some of the past players here at XGN an interest to return.
6. A series that runs with the values and friendship/community that has made XGN one of the standout gaming forums/sim racing groups in Australia.
7. We also have the advantage of celebrating the life of one of the many greats of motor sport, Carroll Shelby, with the "Shelby Cobra Cup" available for season winners to have their names added.
This is purely "Cobra", only "Cobra" and nothing but the "Cobra", okay, when other mods come available that have the same appeal as the "Cobra", these will be voted on and incorporated or run, but until then we have 3 * Cobras * many tracks = many seasons.
Schedule released, laying out the first of the fortnightly THURSDAY nights, using the existing prac/qual/race times that we have become accustomed here at XGN, but we will probabley adopt a 2 race night.
1. A shorter sprint with a double distance main race.
2. This will give us the chance to have a short adrenaline rush sprint and then apply some strategy for the longer race.
3. Use some of the newer track, assisting in checking/sorting out issues to assist/show appreciation for the work by the modders/track builders.
4. Depending on my capabilities, if 'ballast' is available, we may apply to the second race to even the field out for some door rubbin' fun.
p.s. I will be on a learning curve with running the server etc..Thanks
IMPORTANT STUFF...Download mod from here. Installation Instructions:For full mod
- Place the contents of file in C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonassettocorsacontentcarsFor skins
- Place the contents of file in C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonassettocorsacontentcars""skinsCar:
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Season One: "I love horsepower" Carroll ShelbyStart Times
All times are EASTERN standard time.
Practice: 7:00 pm, 75 mins
Qualifying 1: 8:15 pm, 15 mins
Race 1: 8:30 pm, 20 mins (approx)
-- Server restart --
Qualifying 2: 8:50 pm (approx), 5 mins
Race 2: 9:00 pm (approx), 20 mins (approx)
Finish: 9:30 pm (approx) Points
Individual driver points in each race are 24,23,22,21,20 etc. down to 1.
Team points are the accumulation of the individual team member's points.
Each driver's worst round is dropped, and the worst team round is also dropped.Fastest lap bonus
: 1 point awarded at the end of each race for the driver who sets the fastest laptime. Rules
* Car Selection
. Cobra 427 S/C
* Track Limits
. The AC track cutting penalty system will not be used. You must keep at least one wheel within the track boundary, typically delimited by white lines. This won't be enforced. It is an honour system.
. If you gain position advantage over another driver by colliding with them such that their car leaves the track, or by cutting the track yourself, you are expected to redress your position as soon as safely possible. Gaining position by "reasonable" side-by-side contact is allowed, but rear collisions must be avoided. This won't be enforced. It is an honour system.
* Track Re-entry
. You must always re-enter the track with extreme caution. Any collision on re-entry must be redressed.
. Driving assists like ABS and TC can be used if available on the car. There is no forced driving view.
* Fuel/Tyre Multiplier
. Due to an AC bug, please ensure that your Fuel and Tyre wear multipliers in offline mode are set to 1x. Server Details
The AC server is called AUS www.xgn.com.au THUR Cobra Cup
TeamSpeak is encouraged. The server is ts.xgn.com.au.Starting Setup
(Thanks to Guybrush), that will allow you race immediately and tweak if you need to. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymjaam3zbhsgekh/AABReXDZkdhxmVAKsKkxUsFna/Shelby%20Cobra%20S.C%20-%20Salzburgring.ini
Round 1: 21st August Track: Salzburgring
Race 1: 07 laps
Race 2: 07 laps
Round 2: 28th August Track: Goodwood
Race 1: 7 laps
Race 2: 7 laps
Round 3: 04th Sept Track: Croft
Race 1: 5 laps
Race 2: 5 laps
Round 4: 11th Sept Track: Castle Hill
Race 1: 5
Race 2: 20
Round 5: 18th Sept Track: Gen Track
Race 1: TBA
Race 2: TBA
Round 6: 25th Sept Track: Longford 1967
Race 1: 5 laps
Race 2: 15 laps